“From the very start, we work to be the best.”
Modern society is suffering from various illnesses and decreasing physical strength as people engage less and less in physical activities. This trend has resulted in an increasing need for community sport, as well as community sport instructors. This department aims to cultivate professionals in the field of community sport through an academic system based on in-depth and scientific research.
Careers after Graduation
Graduates will be qualified to work as community sport instructors, exercise specialists, sport managers, sport marketers, sport administrators in various community sport related organizations.
Certificate Level II/III for Community Sports Instructor, Sport Manager Certification, Certificate Level II for Sport Competition Instructor, etc.
Students will learn theories applications in subjects such as Physical Education for Children, Sport Facility Management, Sport Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Community Sport Programs, Community Sport Theories, Sport Sociology, Sport Industry, Sport Marketing, and Sport Management. Students will also learn sports such as badminton, gymnastics, track & field, bowling, tennis, golf, etc.
- March 1, 1988: Founded the Community Sport Department
- March 1, 2003: Community Sport became an undergraduate major in the School of Community Sport
- March 1, 2011: Department of Community Sport was re-established.
- Volunteer work in the rural community: These activities help develop a mentality of service, cooperation, and unity, as well as consideration for the underprivileged
- Participation in sport competitions and academic conferences (e.g., World treX-Games, World Leisure Congress)
- Outdoor sport participation (e.g., Mountain Tracking/Camping, Adventure sport) in-between semesters: Acquire experience, skill, and knowledge for a range of outdoor sports.
F.C Licht: Soccer Circle founded in 2002
Other Strengths of the Department
- Special instruction and practice: These have been offered apart from the department's curriculum since 2002, and through the program, sudents improve their performance level for 5 sport categories (e.g, golf, swimming, badminton, tennis, and weight training).
- Alumni Games: This sport event is held annually in the Spring to promote solidarity between graduates and current students.