“Our are changing the world with you.”
Department of Youth Guidance and Sport Education cultivates professionals who can develop the full capacity of today's youths with their understanding and expert knowledge about youths. Along with Youth guidance education courses, students learn a range of sports that help them obtain such nationally acknowledged certification as the Youth Directors, Youth Counselors, Sports for All Instructors, Competition Instructors, etc.
Careers after Graduation
Graduates will be able to work as youth specialists in governmental & public youth training camps; youth groups and organizations; and governmental & public youth counseling facilities, or as community sport instructors. Also, Youth Director and Youth Counselor Certificate holders receive additional points in the police officer recruitment test.
- National Certification : Level II Youth Director Certificate, Level III Youth Counselor Certificate, Level II Sport for All Instructor Certificate , and Level II Sport Game Instructor Certificate
- Students are also able to acquire various certificates related to youth sport training.
Youth Psychology and Counseling, Youth Activities, Youth Fostering System Theory, Youth Training Methods, Youth Welfare, Youth Culture, Youth Program Development and Assessment, Youth Problems and Protection, Sport Sociology, Sport Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Judo, Swimming, Sport Massage, etc.
- March 1, 1998: Established the Youth Guidance Department
- March 1, 2003: Youth Guidance and Sport Education Department became a major within the School of Community Sport
- March 1, 2011: Department of Youth Guidance and Sport Education was re-established
- Annually holds an academic conference
- Participates in the Korea Youth Fair
- Receives on-the-job training at youth training camps
- Participates in international youth exchange activities
- Carpe diem (soccer club): Provides opportunity for participation and performance enhancement
- Green Frog (academic club): Develops youth programs and cultivates practical skills required for jobs
Other Strengths of the Department
- Continued exchange with alumni through alumni sport games and festivals
- Opportunities to participate in domestic/overseas volunteer activities
- Special 1 person-1 sport class for national certification preparation